LEDspan was created from a background in Cleanroom construction with a deep knowledge in LED Lighting for the Cleanroom and Controlled Environment Industry, with 30 years’ experience in the Cleanroom industry and 15 years experience in LED manufacturing and technology. At LEDspan, our focus is on creating LED luminaires specific to the Controlled Environment setting. All of our light fittings have market leading efficiencies with IP65 ratings and a clean finish.
Table of Contents
Here are some answered questions often asked by our customers. If you have any further questions please get in touch, we would be happy to help.
- Causes direct DNA damage to skin cells resulting in ‘sunburn’.
- Ages skin prematurely resulting in leathery and wrinkly skin in later life, if subject to long term exposure.
- Causes Skin cancer: Research shows that as many as 90% of skin cancers are due to UV radiation.
- Can cause eye damage and cataracts in later life, if subject to long term exposure.
- Can trigger/exasperate skin disorders such as Lupas flares: an auto-immune system disease whereby the immune system attacks healthy cells, solar urticaria: a skin disorder affected by ultraviolet light and Phytophotodermatitis a skin disorder hyper sensitive to UV light.
- Weakens Plastics
- Fades Colours on fabrics, paintings and furniture.
- Damaging to plants and animals
LED light emission is directional and can emit light for 180 degrees, compared to fluorescent and discharge lamps, which emit all 360 degrees around the lamp, This directional feature is typically an advantage because light is usually desired over a target area, and so LEDS emit less glare, overspill and uplight / sky glow pollution, features that further contribute to energy efficiency by reducing waste light. You can read more about the impact of directional lighting by learning about a measurement called “useful lumens” or “system efficiency.”LEDs have virtually zero maintenance costs and the frequency with which lamps have to be changed out is by far the best on the market. Fluorescent bulbs require regular re-lamping and ballast replacement in addition to the labour cost to monitor and replace ageing or expired components.
Meet The Team
LEDspan has a dedicated team of experts with an extensive understanding of LED Lighting. If you have any questions, please dont hesitate to contact us.